Documentation is coming (promise!)

Coordinator
Feb 23, 2010 at 11:40 PM

We all know it's the most boring part of a project, but I want to avoid having this turn into yet another open source project with no docs.

Over the next few weeks I'll be working on putting some materials together. I'm going to use Sandcastle and SHFB (both projects here on CodePlex) to generate CHM content from the XML commenting I've already done. I'd also like to put together a few quick-start tutorials to help people get started.

If you have any particular areas that you'd like to see covered in detail, please post your suggestions here.

Coordinator
Apr 12, 2010 at 8:59 PM

I've been slower on this than I intended, but I have made some progress. I set up Sandcastle Help File Builder and got all the nice XML comments compiled into a CHM file. SHFB is an awesome tool, by the way--makes Sandcastle far easier to use.

I'm currently a bit "stuck" on how to write out the conceptual content, like tutorials and such. SHFB supports a format called MAML that is used to build conceptual documentation, but the writing of MAML itself seems quite cumbersome. I'll have to find a WYSIWYG editor for MAML (no luck yet) or just a good generic XML editor to help out with this. If anybody has suggestions, please let me know.