Is it compatible for Zune HD?

Mar 5, 2010 at 5:38 AM

Have you got a chance to test this 3D Lib on Zune HD?

Coordinator
Mar 6, 2010 at 12:08 AM
Edited Mar 6, 2010 at 12:09 AM

I haven't, but my understanding is that Zune only really supports 2D stuff. Even if it did support 3D, I don't think that the performance would be very good at all. That said, the engine itself could probably run as long as no 3D rendering was done, but there wouldn't be much point to it. May as well use a 2D library and avoid the additional overhead of all the 3D calculations.

Mar 6, 2010 at 12:12 AM
Zune HD does support 3D. Please see some of the currently supported apps: http://www.zune.net/en-us/products/zunehd/default.htm

There are some really nice 3D apps especially Audiosurf.

-------- Pushparaj

To: [email removed]
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 16:09:05 -0800
Subject: Re: Is it compatible for Zune HD? [Henge3D:203898]

I haven't, but my understanding is that Zune only really supports 2D stuff. Even if it did support 3D, I don't think that the performance would be very good at all. That said, the engine itself could probably run as long as no 3D rendering were done, but there wouldn't be much point to it. May as well use a 2D library and avoid the additional overhead of all the 3D calculations.
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Henge3D@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email Henge3D@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
Mar 6, 2010 at 3:20 PM
Edited Mar 6, 2010 at 3:21 PM

While the Zune HD clearly has support for 3D graphics, the current XNA Zune developer extensions do not expose this functionality. 

See http://forums.xna.com/forums/p/38975/226669.aspx for more info.