ArgumentOutOfRangeException

Jan 4, 2011 at 10:17 AM

Hi!

I get an error when I try to process my models with Rigid Body Model Processor (currently borrowing XNA sample .fbx-models), I've copypasted the error at the bottom of this post.

I've tried using one of the models from Henge3D's sample, which results in no errors but the model appears to be invisible or something. So, what do I need to do with my models so this error stop bothering me, and what may be the reason the models that does work is invisible?

Error 1 Building content threw ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.Parameter name: index   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)   at Henge3D.ConvexHull3D.BuildNextFace(Face prevFace, Vertex p, Vertex q) in C:\Users\Daniel\Desktop\FenrirProjects\GlobeWarz\Physics\Geometry\ConvexHull3D.cs:line 198   at Henge3D.ConvexHull3D.BuildNextFace(Face prevFace, Vertex p, Vertex q) in C:\Users\Daniel\Desktop\FenrirProjects\GlobeWarz\Physics\Geometry\ConvexHull3D.cs:line 241   at Henge3D.ConvexHull3D.BuildNextFace(Face prevFace, Vertex p, Vertex q) in C:\Users\Daniel\Desktop\FenrirProjects\GlobeWarz\Physics\Geometry\ConvexHull3D.cs:line 241   at Henge3D.ConvexHull3D.BuildNextFace(Face prevFace, Vertex p, Vertex q) in C:\Users\Daniel\Desktop\FenrirProjects\GlobeWarz\Physics\Geometry\ConvexHull3D.cs:line 241   at Henge3D.ConvexHull3D.BuildNextFace(Face prevFace, Vertex p, Vertex q) in C:\Users\Daniel\Desktop\FenrirProjects\GlobeWarz\Physics\Geometry\ConvexHull3D.cs:line 241   at Henge3D.ConvexHull3D.BuildNextFace(Face prevFace, Vertex p, Vertex q) in C:\Users\Daniel\Desktop\FenrirProjects\GlobeWarz\Physics\Geometry\ConvexHull3D.cs:line 241   at Henge3D.ConvexHull3D.BuildNextFace(Face prevFace, Vertex p, Vertex q) in C:\Users\Daniel\Desktop\FenrirProjects\GlobeWarz\Physics\Geometry\ConvexHull3D.cs:line 241   at Henge3D.ConvexHull3D.BuildNextFace(Face prevFace, Vertex p, Vertex q) in C:\Users\Daniel\Desktop\FenrirProjects\GlobeWarz\Physics\Geometry\ConvexHull3D.cs:line 241   at Henge3D.ConvexHull3D.BuildNextFace(Face prevFace, Vertex p, Vertex q) in C:\Users\Daniel\Desktop\FenrirProjects\GlobeWarz\Physics\Geometry\ConvexHull3D.cs:line 241   at Henge3D.ConvexHull3D.BuildNextFace(Face prevFace, Vertex p, Vertex q) in C:\Users\Daniel\Desktop\FenrirProjects\GlobeWarz\Physics\Geometry\ConvexHull3D.cs:line 241   at Henge3D.ConvexHull3D.BuildNextFace(Face prevFace, Vertex p, Vertex q) in C:\Users\Daniel\Desktop\FenrirProjects\GlobeWarz\Physics\Geometry\ConvexHull3D.cs:line 241   at Henge3D.ConvexHull3D.Build() in C:\Users\Daniel\Desktop\FenrirProjects\GlobeWarz\Physics\Geometry\ConvexHull3D.cs:line 129   at Henge3D.ConvexHull3D..ctor(Vector3[] points) in C:\Users\Daniel\Desktop\FenrirProjects\GlobeWarz\Physics\Geometry\ConvexHull3D.cs:line 55   at Henge3D.Pipeline.RigidBodyModelProcessor.Process(NodeContent input, ContentProcessorContext context) in C:\Users\Daniel\Desktop\FenrirProjects\GlobeWarz\Pipeline\RigidBodyModelProcessor.cs:line 112   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.ContentProcessor`2.Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.IContentProcessor.Process(Object input, ContentProcessorContext context)   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.BuildCoordinator.BuildAssetWorker(BuildItem item)   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.BuildCoordinator.BuildAsset(BuildItem item)   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.BuildCoordinator.RunTheBuild()   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.Tasks.BuildContent.RemoteProxy.RunTheBuild(BuildCoordinatorSettings settings, TimestampCache timestampCache, ITaskItem[] sourceAssets, String[]& outputContent, String[]& rebuiltContent, String[]& intermediates, Dictionary`2& dependencyTimestamps, KeyValuePair`2[]& warnings) C:\Users\Daniel\Desktop\FenrirProjects\GlobeWarz\GlobeWarz\GlobeWarzContent\Models\spaceship.fbx GlobeWarz

Feb 15, 2011 at 6:37 PM

Hi

I got the same sort of error, and figured that the convexhull class is not fullproof.

I just finished a replacement convexhull algorithm and uploaded it under patches, you can try that.